NUCORE is an approved Northwestern University recharge center for non-research mission related projects. This provides a core for non-investigator-initiated work in collaboration with individual clinicians, research groups, federally-sponsored investigators, and for-profit firms in clinical research.
Through NUCORE, Medical Social Sciences can expand the use of clinical/ health measures and deepen societal understanding of treatment-related and disease-related outcomes. We believe that through collaboration with other scientists, we can enhance their work and refine our tools for more meaningful results in future study. NUCORE offers consultation, analysis, and training on outcomes research and informatics.
Our consultative services include:
- Advising on the selection, appropriate use (range and emphasis of content), and analysis of outcome instruments and assessment tools for those designing an outcomes research project or clinical trial in their area of clinical expertise
- Analyzing clinical research data to calibrate, scale, or summarize existing de-identified data
- Developing new questionnaires or evaluating language translations and content prioritization of existing questionnaires for the most meaningful results
Outcomes Research Design
- Providing direction on protocols, study design, and analysis for scientists designing an outcomes research project or clinical trial
- Assisting with state-of-the-science methods and instrumentation, including an analytic plan
Informatics Research and Implementation
- Advising on the customization of specific electronic health record environment to incorporate MSS’s measurements and data capture tools; supporting clients with:
- Software programming
- Platform deployment
- Application user training and support
- Application customization
Contact us for more information about working with MSS’s NUCORE.